Thursday, October 27, 2022
I have been behind on sharing my outfits and I have forgotten to take my photo some days.
I can’t remember if I showed this outfit or not, so I am including it. New Kut from the Kloth flares from consignment and Loft blouse from last year. I have on a headband so you know it’s second day hair! Sorry there is a desk in front of me – ha!
I wore one of my three Target Universal Thread dresses for my friend’s surprise birthday dinner. I paired it with my Walmart Scoop blazer from last year and some Target suede boots from last year.
Jeans, Anthro blouse, cardigan for a Friday. I wore my Hush Puppies flats and was super comfy. These flats are really good! These are new straight leg jeans that I will tell you about in a minute.
These pants are Matilda Jane but they kinda look like Aerie flares that the teen girls are wearing. I paired them with a black tank and a knit leopard duster.
Matilda Jane pants again and a Loft consignment blouse I found recently.
Matilda Jane pants and a blouse from last year from a little boutique near my house.
Another consignment blouse from J.Jill and straight leg jeans I will tell you about.
Same blouse from the boutique with jeans on the weekend:
My new Old Navy distressed button fly jeans, tank top, and my new Old Navy flannel.
I ordered this shirt from Belk for like $9. I love prosecco and thought it would be fun for the holidays. It says “Prosecc Ho Ho Ho”. It was $9!
So, I started feeling like my skinny jeans from last season were constricting my legs and I just felt weird. I am not throwing them out by any means. I think they will be warm in the winter and work with tall boots or maybe with my bigger sweaters to give a better proportion on the bottom.
If you are feeling the same way, a great baby step to a different jean silhouette is the straight leg. I came home with a dark and a light and they were each on sale for $18!
They are called the high rise straight. Now I did have to go up a size because of the high rise. I have a stomach and needed that room. Also, they were too long, so I cut and washed and dried them for a perfect fray hem.
My distressed were not on sale, but I really liked them so I got them. They are called the High Rise O.G. Straight Ankle and they are the perfect length on me as you can see above. I am 5’4.
I really recommend that you do like Kellyann and I did and try on multiple styles and sizes to see what will work for you. I didn’t want to deal with returns so I went in and it was a good experience. I feel set for my jeans for the season, now!
Monthly Musings – Thanksgiving Prep:
I haven’t given much thought to Thanksgiving and my family doesn’t have our plans made yet, either!
I am linking up with many ladies here so check out more posts!
- Do you host Thanksgiving or go elsewhere? We usually go to Tom’s sister’s house on Thursday and do Tom’s family and then go to my family’s meal on Friday. That way we get two dinners and get to see both sides.
- What dishes do you make or contribute? I am usually given a few side dishes to make. I often do the potatoes because you have to have someone serious about their potatoes, you know? Just kidding! I also like to bring a signature cocktail to my family’s feast.
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe and will you share with us? I posted here and here.
- What are your Thanksgiving traditions? I usually make breakfast for my family of four and then we have a leisurely morning. I love to watch the parade while cooking.
- Stuffing or dressing? Dressing – I don’t want to eat from the cavity of a fowl.
- Pumpkin, pecan, or apple pie? Pumpkin! It’s special because this is the only time of year I have it! Must be served with Cool Whip. Must be Cool Whip.
- Casual dining or set the table? Probably in between. My SIL sets a beautiful table with a floral arrangement, but we do buffet serve yourself with nice plates. My mom loves a paper plate and again it’s a buffet serve yourself and there isn’t room for everyone at one table.
- Favorite beverages to serve with Thanksgiving dinner? My apple cider sangria!
- Do you shop Black Friday? Heck to the no. I am still eating Thankgiving feasts. I believe in Cyber Monday.
- Holiday movie or football games? Well, I am not ready for Christmas until I have fully given thanks. I am a purist – sorry. I don’t care about football but I like having a game in the background because it just feels right.
Whew – that was a lot!