Friday, August 3, 2018
Happy Friday, y’all! How was your week? What’s going on this weekend? I’m not sure what we are doing yet!
Here are a few of my favorites from this week!
1. Pierre Dumas Rosetta Sandal – I had real Jack Rogers for maybe 4 years that I bought on sale. I finally gave up on them this summer and donated them. Seriously, they were the most uncomfortable things ever! It felt like walking on two boards. I love the look, though, so when All About That Mommy Life blog posted about these, I placed my order. They are less than $30 and she says they have a cushy footbed. I will let you know what I think when I get them in. I love, love, love the cork and gold combo. I think I might be able to wear them to teach in with dresses, skirts, and pants.
2. NYX butter gloss – I love my Lipsense, but I don’t always want to “waste” it or maybe I don’t want my lipstick to last that long. This has a great price at $5ish dollars, great consistency, great smell, and all of the colors are named after desserts. This is “eclair”.
3. I think I’ve talked about this before, but many summer days, I will make a Crystal Light Peach Tea and put it in my reusable Starbucks cup. It’s so good!
4. I love buying and giving gifts. This was for my sister-in-law’s birthday Thursday.
I got her a cute pair of pink readers glasses.
5. This is what my new polish looks like in the bottle – De-Stressed Denim
6. Do you all have a pop socket for your phone? It’s great for propping your phone up or for holding your phone so it doesn’t slip out of your hand. But, you know what is even better? The stick on holder for your car – especially when using your GPS.
7. Did you all watch Laguna Beach and The Hills? I did! I’m enjoying this newest version of Reality Kristin. She is hard core! She is a mom, wife, business woman and is not afraid to speak her mind.
8. I have no idea what to do with my eyebrows, but I knew I needed to do something. The sweet girl at Ulta showed me how to use this Benefit product. It is called “Ka-Brow”. I love the Benefit product names!
9. Here is the second recipe I made for my sister-in-law (same one with the birthday Thursday). She had a procedure done the day before her birthday and I wanted to bring some food to help her out. I followed my same tips from Wednesday and I brought her Wednesday’s recipe, as well, (find my recipe for Mexican lasagna here) along with some pretzel rolos from here.
This recipe is courtesy of Narci from http://www.graceandloveblog.com. This is the second time I’ve made it and again, I made one for my family, too. Ours is in the glass dish and the one to take is in the disposable.
Bacon Alfredo Bake
-Heat oven to 375
-Make your bacon in the oven – seriously, game changer – takes about 20 minutes. Use an entire package.
-In a bowl, mix together I jar of alfredo sauce, about a half cup of sour cream, and a cup of mozzarella shredded. You should be boiling linguine while mixing. Chop bacon and add to your bowl and then combine the noodles with the sauce. I used about 3/4 box of linguine.
Spread in pan or pans. You could do one 13 x 9 or two 8 x 8 pans. Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven still hot from the bacon.
Now, you could have two easy and make ahead recipes for the first week of school because you will need them! Read my back to school post here!
Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for visiting me!