Thursday, January 28, 2021
I had already planned to do a Valentine’s post when I found out about a fun link up! Click here to get some more Valentine’s ideas!
- How do I show love? I think I am a words of affirmation, acts of service, and a giving gift person. I like to receive words of affirmation, too, I think.
2. Do I have any fun Valentine’s traditions? I have done different things in the past. I like to leave something next to my kids’ breakfast or dinner plates, I have packed something fun in their lunch, I have been room mom and planned fun activities, I have left something in hub’s car. Maybe I should do that this year!
Honestly, I am big on celebrating little milestones and holidays. I really hope that my boys remember those things or more importantly the way I made them feel through these little things.
3. Favorite Valentine’s Memory? I guess the first Valentine’s Day Tom and I were together; he gave me ski pants and we went skiing. We had been dating about six months.
4. Favorite Valentine’s Treat? Chocolate!
5. Do you wear Valentine’s fashions? Heck yes!
I had this sweatshirt custom made by a former student who started a business. The heart is metallic.
I also just pull out anything with pink or red!
Like this old Amazon Burberry-looking cardigan.
My new poncho from Jack for Christmas.
This bright red velvet top is a fun one to wear.
This really old Old Navy scarf is a fun item to wear. I have it with a long sleeve white t-shirt and a red vest.
I also have a couple of other scarves with pink and red and a white scarf that I can pair with something.
I couldn’t believe I had this many red/pink earrings!
Don’t forget the fun nail polish colors!
6. Valentine’s Day – like, love, or hard pass? I personally love it. I think it’s important to take any opportunity to show love. There isn’t enough love in the world!
7. What do you think is the most romantic song? I like the old classics like It’s a Wonderful World.
8. Dine out, take out, or cook this year? We hate crowds anyway, so we sometimes will go out a couple of days before and then cook the night of. One year I got heart shaped pizzas and that was fun. This year I am wanting to make something really special but I don’t have any ideas. It falls on a Sunday this year!
9. Pink or Red? Both!
10. Flowers or chocolates? Both!
My little Valentine’s touches around the house make me happy!
I love this sign and isn’t this the truth?
Other Fun Ideas:
-Pick up donuts
-Surprise with a Door Dash of a favorite food for lunch
-Surprise with an Amazon package
-a red charcuterie tray with all red foods?
-A bath for your child – run a bath with pink bubbles and bring the child a tray with a drink. I did this once and the boys loved it when they were like 8!
-Leave a surprise in your spouse’s car on Friday morning so they have a good day at work
-Serve breakfast in bed because it is a Sunday.
-Let each family member pick favorite food and have a wacky meal.
-Let each family member pick a favorite restaurant food and have a progressive dinner with take out food.
That’s all I’ve got! What about you?