Thursday, July 12, 2018
Sometimes my Thursday Thoughts are deep like here where I talked about my thoughts on being a teacher.
Sometimes they are shallow like here where I talk about how to fray your jeans.
It’s all about balance, right?
In honor of my 18th wedding anniversary this weekend, I will share 18 things about our wedding and marriage.
1. I was 28 and he was 33.
2. One of my favorite things about our wedding was the cute trolley that we rode from the church to the reception.
3. I think this is my favorite photo from our wedding day.
4. This is our “courtship” scrapbook I made when we got engaged – it’s full of cards, notes, receipts, movie and concert tickets that meant something to us. The photo on the front is our engagement photo. Look at the hair on my man! He’s been compared to Michael Bolton by some of my friends. I thought he looked like Matthew McConaughey!
5. Even though I loved my wedding day and I’m so grateful to my parents for giving us a beautiful day, I was more excited about the marriage than the wedding.
6. It was mid July and things could have gone horribly wrong in the temperature department, but we were blessed with an 80 degree day!
7. We dated for about 3 years before we got married. One of those years was long distance and I think writing letters (yes, we wrote letters!) was an important thing for us.
8. We are both the first born children in our families.
9. The first year of marriage was pretty hard. We didn’t live together first and we were both already set in our ways. There was a learning curve.
10. I have had the same job at the same place since we were married. I just finished 18 years at my school!
11. He, however, is on maybe his fifth job since we married. We have been through two times of unemployment for him. Each one was under 2 months, but it made us stronger.
12. We are almost always in agreement on moral and political topics. I feel a closer bond when we agree on current hot button issues.
13. Since we are both first born we both often want to be in control. This causes power struggles sometimes but more often than not I think it shows we understand that we each feel a responsibility for our younger siblings.
14. No one has ever made me laugh harder.
15. He was a rock for me when we had preemie twins. Our twins were in the hospital for almost 6 weeks.
16. We travel well together and have taken a lot of trips together! We have been to Germany twice, Aruba for our honeymoon, Florida many times, Michigan many times, Chicago, D.C., Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Virginia just to name some.
17. He is such a thoughtful gift giver.
18. Everyone says this, but seeing him as a father made me fall in love more!
I could go on, but it’s only our 18th so I will stop there! Hope you enjoyed this!